- La Barra
- San Diego
- Waves and Surf Seasons in Nicaragua
Surf Trips La Barra
The Nicaragua surf trip packages are recommended for advanced surfers that are looking for great surfing sessions in a different break every day and riding some of the best waves in the world in remote and uncrowded surf locations.
We have 2 accommodation options in Central Nicaragua.
While San Diego is a more luxury option, La Barra surf hotel is located in Miramar area (otherwise known as Puerto Sandino), which is by far the most under utilized and uncrowded surf in the country.
This means that having a boat is a must to get to the best spots and the good stuff! And that's why we offer two super Pangas at your disposal (with the exception of day of arrival and departure) free of charge! Boat trips are included!
The surf trip package in La Barra includes:
- Airport transfers - 2 ways (24h/day) - destination airport Managua (MGA)
- Ocean front accommodation in La Barra with AC and private bathroom
- 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with choice from the menu including filtered water, juices & coffee
- Unlimited transfers to surf spots in La Barra area*
- Daily boat surf trips**
- Bilingual surf guide
- 1 León city tour (Friday)
- 1 Fishing Trip with the La Barra Surf Boats
- Free access to ocean front Swimming pool
- FREE Wi-Fi internet connection
- Extra outdoor activities and sightseeing tours available upon request
- Lot's of barrels!
* Guided trips don't include surf equipment, but you can rent locally. Please tell us your preference of board(s) in advance.
** Except on arrival and departure days.
Check out the San Diego surf resort, our luxury surf destination in Nicaragua.
Surf Trips San Diego
If you are looking for a delux accommodation option for your surfing holidays in Nicaragua, you will love Comunidad San Diego!
This area is a surfer’s heaven, it contains world class waves, A-frames beach breaks, river mouths and a great left hand wave that breaks over a reef.
The advanced surf trip pack includes accommodation in high quality condominiums and villas in San Diego.
When booking the luxury surf tour, guest still have the option to make a trip to Puerto Sandino to surf the great wave of La Barra.
San Diego advanced surf trip pack
- Airport transfers to/from Managua (MGA) - 2 ways (24h/day)
- Accommodation in Nicaragua with AC, Wireless internet and other amenities
- 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with choice from menu, including non alcoholic drinks
- Full day surf tours with surf guide & vehicle *
- Free Wi-Fi internet connection
- Lot's of barrels!
Minimum 2 guests to book this package
Waves in Nicaragua
Wave wise we have it all! Left point breaks, reef breaks and a beach break without a soul in sight...
There are 4 epic surf breaks within walking distance of our staircase to the beach and the boat fleet at La Barra Harbour will take you for outer reef and reckon surf sessions.
The reefs and beach breaks are good to epic on the higher tides with the points following at the lower tides but you won't have to worry about a thing, we have an experienced team of surf guides that will take you where it will be breaking according to the tides each day.
There are many different waves to be surfed during your stay in Nicaragua but the main attraction is La Barra, a 300 meter left for experienced surfers that breaks on sand but there are many great spots around and we'll make sure you get to know all the best ones!
You can arrive any day of the week! Book a surf trip in Nicaragua and discover some of the best waves in Central America!
The surf tour starts the day after your arrival, but if you arrive in the morning you'll be in the water right after hotel check-in....
Surf Trip Season in Nicaragua
The best swells in Nicaragua are caused by tropical storms, which occur mostly during the rainy season, so the main surf season in Nicaragua is winter, from May to November, when waves are higher and more consistent. Usually the waves are more than 7 feet high (2 meters) with consistent long period South swells, accompanied by off-shore winds and some rain.
- April to November: 4-6 ft. consistent swells with bigger 8-12 ft. swells
- November to January: waist to chest high offshore perfection
- February and March: mid-size swells, always offshore
Surf Trips in Nicaragua
Looking for a "hard core" surf experience? Group surf trip or a location photo-shoot?
Don’t waste any time searching for good waves and leave everything to us!
Travel to Nicaragua and surf some of the most famous surf spots in Central America.
Nicaragua is one of the most amazing countries to surf in Central America, all you can expect is great surf!
Choose your dates and book the flights, we will pick you up at the airport and take great care of you all the way from arrival to departure!
You'll be sleeping right in front of the ocean, so all you need to do is use the stairs and you're in!
There are 4 different breaks just steps away from the house, so you have the freedom to surf anytime you want!
And after the surf sessions, come back and relax in a hammock or by the pool... and enjoy the delicious food, our chef will make sure you have different food options and great meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner!
All the bedrooms have air conditioning but you can also "kill" the heat at the pool or the outdoor shower so you never feel uncomfortable!